Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Yard Sale Treasure | Be Awesome Today

A few weeks ago I happened upon a little yard sale and saw two huge framed paintings propped up against a tree so I had to stop. As I was scanning them for a price a girl rushed by with a stack of boxes and said "Oh, you can have those for free!"
What!? YES, PLEASE! When she returned she told me that she had seen them in someone's trash and just couldn't let them go to the dump, so she saved them, then had no place to put them... Not that I had room for them but you better believe I wasn't going to pass that up! Immediately I thought of the friend's weddings I have coming up and how I could use them in my photography... So I headed back to the car as quickly as I could and told Andrew to load them up! After assessing all the options, Andrew said we could only fit one in the car. So I took the second one back to the tree and told the girl my sad news and then stupidly opened my fat mouth with my big plans for it and after realizing all it's potential she decided to keep the other one. Immediately after, Andrew came over and said that we actually couldn't even fit one in and that we'd have to come back and get it without the car seat. I COULD HAVE HAD BOTH! So disheartening. BUT I cannot complain because I got one awesome, FREE picture frame and I even found a place for it.

I pulled the painting out of it and cleaned it up. The string is all pinned straight to the wall so I can easily pull the frame down to use at photo shoots. I have to admit, I kind of love it. 
I know you can't really make out some of the cute little things I have hanging on it, but here's a little freebie for you...

I made this a while back and printed it to hang in the frame. I can't remember where that doily brush is from, but I'll do my best to figure it out and add credit... Anyway, this is a 5x7, printed really nicely on white card stock. I also added a couple other colors... Just click the picture to find them!

No comments:

Post a Comment