Sunday, June 26, 2011

Julien's First Birthday Party

I have spent the past week planning, preparing and WORRYING about everything being perfect for Julien's first birthday party. Last night around 2 am I finally just let it go and decided I'd done about all I could do. (100 cupcakes, 50 brownies and 1 smash cake later...) I did finish up favor bags this morning. One thing I was particularly concerned about... but despite the weather, Julien had the best birthday party he's ever had! And really, as far as birthday parties goes, I'd say this one was great! I went with a forest theme, but I really didn't do too much aside from some yummy foods... I have to say, it was pretty fantastic and I think everyone had a good time.


I know Jules had a blast and got a carload of sweet loot! 
By the time we'd gotten  home he was in full force sugar coma and I was sure that leftover chocolate icing would be staying in Julien's nose until morning but it didn't keep the child that never sleeps out for too long. He was up by 11 and we've played with all the new toys. I really can't tell what his favorite is yet but Mama and Papa's favorite is definitely going to be the year zoo membership!

Of course, it went all too quickly, just like the whole last year! I didn't have a chance to get good pictures of any decorations... and did I mention that I forgot to pass out the treat bags? Yeah... bummed... but great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment