Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crochet!


I've been fitting in a lot of crocheting/knitting this week. A few nights ago I made a knit baby cocoon to use as a prop in the studio and last night I made a hanging one. I'm so excited to use them and I have a newborn shoot tomorrow!

I have to say it turned out really well for what I went through with it. I purchased a pattern on Etsy because I wanted to be sure to get the sizing right. I knew I shouldn't have though... The pattern called for 3 skeins of yarn (which I used) and when I was about 2 rows from being done I ran out. I followed it exactly. Lame. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with it about 1/3 or the way through it, though... It was way too tight and didn't look at all like the photos she provided. I guess it did push me to write my own pattern, which I may share here sometime. The worst part about it is that I just hate to leave negative feedback. I think I'll just let it sit for a while...

I'm excited about tomorrow's shoots. I love newborn shoots. I also have my first shoot with a local band. That should be really fun too. I need to start sharing my photos here.

No comments:

Post a Comment